Thursday, August 04, 2011

Too Far Now

You slipped from our grasps,
In the kiss of a moment.
No farewells, no last looks;
You silently left,
And returned to the place,
You once called, Home.

Why did you not stay a little while longer?
Your heart, so fragile and cracked,
Could not, perhaps,
Withstand the agony you quietly held within.
And yet, my heart grieves,
I did not get to have you a little while longer;
That you are too far away now
For me to have that last look
I usually take, whenever I say, "Goodbye,"
Here on earth.

Perhaps Heaven deemed it fit
That your time had come;
Or perhaps, He merely thought you'd be happier back Home,
With Granddad.
I begrudge not,
The Creator, Who gave me to you,
As your granddaughter;
But I have not accepted the fact,
That you will no longer be around;
That you had to leave, alone;
That you had to bear it out,
And suffer, inside.

I know Heaven and Granddad hath awaited long for you;
I know they welcomed you this morning,
At 06:20.
You lingered long enough for us,
To save enough memories;
I ought to let go,
But it is so hard to;
I never thought I'd see you leave this soon.

Your last words were to tell me,
You had prayed for me.
You are much better off on the Other Side;
Forgive the many tears I have shed,
And will do so.
I will be strong and patient,
As you have shown me so, countless of times.
Wait for me;
And I know you and Granddad will look down on me,
With love.

I love you, Poh Poh.
Rest In Peace.


ad perpetuam memoriam of Madam Ling Nyuk Ying
AD 2011, 4th August
06:20am

1 comment: