Friday, November 25, 2011

This Song

Today, I remember you once more.
I heard your voice in my head,
Saw the smiles you gave,
And my heart withstood no longer.

It is not the regrets,
For there are none.
It is the spot I glance at,
And every single time I look,
The place lies empty.
You are no longer,
Where I want or wish you to be.

This song reminds me of you.
I cannot listen to it, without thinking of you,
Or pouring my heart out
In drips of tears.

I miss you.
I miss your whimsical smiles.
The little things you tell me about you.
The stories you share.
I miss the "let-me-downs" you reveal.
The heartaches and pains you bear.
The quiet griefs you take on.
Even the anger spats you have.
I miss dearly the mischievous and humourous side of you.

I won't give anything to have you back here;
But I just want you to know I miss you.
I would like to have you here, of course,
And yet, to have you suffer would be selfishness on my part.
Thus, I let you go again.
Don't tell me not to cry,
Because I will.
I will weep and remember,
Until the ache lies dormant.

I see you in the blue skies;
In the songs, you linger.
I hear you in my heart;
Your smiles, in my memories, deeply carved.
Rest in peace, my dear one.
"In the sweet by and by,
We shall meet on that beautiful shore."

No comments:

Post a Comment