Monday, April 20, 2009

Goodbye Is Not Too Hard To Say

If you had, but one goodbye,
What would it be?
To whom would you bestow your cherished farewell?
~
Smile the sweetest smile ever;
Remember, it's not the end yet;
For life stops not,
At the wave of one's hand,
But sails swiftly on,
Quicker than your eye can behold.
~
Would you fall apart,
Weep tears,
Even when there are none left to spare?
~
Is your heart that fragile,
Where it can't handle,
The brutality that life can bring?
~
Smile the loveliest smile always;
Forget not,
The ones that grace you,
Used to light up someone's world.
~
If you had one last farewell,
How would it be like?
Stained with tears?
Or kissed by the prospect of happy tomorrows?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Magdalene,

    Aaron from FGA here. I had no idea you wrote poetry. I like your material, especially the first one in your blog. It pretty much sums up how I feel these days, heh.

    I had a question on it, though... Is it titled 'Wearied' or was that just your feeling at the time?

    Cheers. :)

    P.S. As I don't read poetry much I may not be the best critic ever. I still like it tho. Sorry bout that. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Aaron,

    Who can forget the nickname "Itzchy"? :)

    Thank you - Your comment is much appreciated! I write for my own expression, but it always makes my day, when the expression is somewhat and somehow identified by another.

    The title was not merely given for the sake of entitling it - Those were my exact feelings, and I tried my utmost best to write them out - According to what was inside. I'm not sure if I succeeded, but ... Well.

    And hey, I don't really need poetry critics - Just someone, who reads, feels, and identifies. :)

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete